Monday, December 9, 2013

10-13-13

Well everyone,

I finally got to watch conference this past weekend!!!!! I ended up watching it all on a member’s smart phone. I sat in the chapel where everyone was watching it in Korean and I just had headphones in listening to the inspiring words from the leaders of this glorious church of Christ!

My favorite session had to be priesthood session though. I have never played more attention to talks in my life than in this session. I had never thought about the Articles of Faith so seriously before hearing Elder Perry’s. I wish I had taken them more seriously when I was younger, but now I think I will study them like he said we should do and I will even try to memorize them (in Korean). I enjoyed the second quote this year from Les misérables in Bishop Causse's talk. My favorite quote came from Elder Uchtdorf's talk during this priesthood session and it is...."Let us rise up and become men of God. We have a champion, a Savior, who walked through the valley of the shadow of death on our behalf........Jesus Christ, the Lamb without blemish, willingly laid Himself on the altar of sacrifice and paid the price for our sins to “the uttermost farthing.” “So awesome. I hope everyone enjoyed conference as much as I did!

This week we go to Busan for 'mission tour.' We get to be instructed by the North Asian area's presidency's second counselor, President Whiting. It is super exciting to be going again to Busan. But it’s more exciting to be going to this meeting!

Also, this is the last week of my second transfer so next week I will be still in Jeju or in a different area! We find out this Thursday who is leaving and who is staying so I'm getting super anxious...

This week we spent a lot of time visiting members and sharing messages with them. I really got to use a lot of Korean and I have seen how much I have improved. Elder Yun told me he was pretty impressed with my Korean ability which means a lot coming from him;) I'm glad the Lord is continuing to bless me with the ability to speak better and better and understand more and more. I owe everything I am to the Lord. He has made me strong when I was weak and I will continue to be made stronger if I rely on Him. I encourage everyone to simply rely on the Lord in your actions and thoughts and through him you can accomplish all things. I'm so grateful for this gospel and I know I am here in Korea for one reason, one soul, one purpose; to serve God and His children.

Hope all is well at home.

Love

Elder Frampton

No comments:

Post a Comment