Friday, February 27, 2015

2-9-15



Hellooo,

First off, funny story that I forgot to share last week. Last Monday we were riding the subway. Rode for maybe 40 minutes then got off at one of the bigger stations, one where you can transfer to a different line. (That is important because they usually keep the doors open a little bit longer at these) We got off the subway and Elder Suttner says he doesn't have the phone so we run back on the subway...he looks around the seat he was sitting in, makes a guy get up so he can check under him.....then Elder Suttner checks his pockets again and realizes he had it. So without saying anything he runs off the subway again (the doors are still open because this was all within 20 seconds). As he goes through the door it starts sliding shut! I of course must keep the rules so I run and try to make it through, kind of in a diving motion, upper body first. The door closes on my shoulders..So I of course push my body through but then the door closes on my bookbag! Then I was stuck, squirming and squirming and squirming for 7 seconds or so without anything happening. At that point Elder Suttner realizes he can help so he quick grabs me by my bag and just pulls me through. Then finally the subway guy opens the door realizing I was stuck but by that point I was free! Ridiculous!  The things I do for obedience! Always. haha

So there is a family, mom and kid, in our branch. They are Korean but 13 years ago they moved to New Zealand. The mom divorced and came back one year ago with the one kid. Robert. He is 10 years old and only knows English. He had spoken Korean at home in New Zealand but once he started school he forgot all the Korean. So he is here in Korea not knowing how to speak and only able to understand maybe half but only sometimes. Anyhow because he is young and doesn't understand Korean church was too boring and pointless for him so he never came. He came once when I was here maybe 3 months ago. So we started trying to work with him. Called his mom and set up an appointment to meet at the church with them and the sister missionaries for a little family home evening type thing. Played some Uno, ate cookies and had a little lesson. We talked about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  We challenged him to read every day. He has been reading every single day. Even took the Book of Mormon to school and read in his free time! He even came to church yesterday! Mainly because he likes us.  We sat with him in primary and translated and participated. There is only one other person, a girl, in primary and the teacher is her mom. So yesterday was an interesting day.

Also I think I mentioned a recent convert that got baptized in America and moved back here. He finally came to church yesterday. Super nice, it seems he has a true testimony. He was only in America for 3 months studying. Missionaries knocked on his door and he let them in. Got baptized in December and then moved back here. Got his number so now we will be trying to work with him when he has time. :D

Called some more of the less active members on our list this week and had 2 good experiences that were more or less miracles. Super confusing so I can't really explain but it was great!

Talked to one kid on the street about the Book of Mormon and testified to him of the truthfulness of it. I super felt the spirit. He seemed to like what we were saying, he also had a strong Christian background. When we asked for his number he got out his phone and saved ours and called ours so we had his. We called back the next day with lots of hope to meet him. He answered and when I said who I was he ended the call. 30 seconds later we got a text saying don't call. It was a really good experience. Mainly because it was really comfortable talking and testifying and inviting on the street. Even though he didn't want to talk to us for whatever reason I felt the spirit testify to me that I had done my part.

We started preparing our spiritual messages for the hospital visits Sunday, on Saturday so we could tell the Branch President’s son what to study and prepare. When we made the visits he shared a bigger part. We talked about the first article of faith and had him read Joseph Smith history the first vision beforehand and he summarized it and related it to the first article of faith. He did a super good job. I know I felt the spirit as we shared the message together and I hope he felt it too. I can see his confidence growing and I know that there is a testimony growing inside him little by little. We are trying to help him to read the Book of Mormon every day because there is power that comes with the Book of Mormon!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and valentine’s day!
Love,
Elder Frampton




No comments:

Post a Comment