Sunday, November 17, 2013


Well my family, guess what!

I get to go to Busan tonight again!!! Tomorrow (Tuesday) there is a training meeting for all missionaries being trained and training. Unfortunately Elder Yun has been to 3 training meetings in the past and president doesn't feel like spending the money to fly him there and back so I will be going solo....that’s a whole 1.5 hours that I will be away from a companion! Scary! I'm super excited though because I get to see the rest of the missionaries that came out with me!

So I will tell you about the trip to Busan last week.....quite the adventure. It is about 1 hour total of travel time to Busan, counting take-off and landing, 35 minutes of flight time. We flew to Busan and the office Elders picked us up and we went to the mission office. We stayed the night there, and let me tell you, I didn’t sleep very well. In Busan it is a lot cooler than Jeju, so at night we had air conditioning and because we weren’t used to that when sleeping or anything, I frozzzzze at night! The next day we drove an hour to Ulsan which is where the meeting was being held. I got to see my zone (because it was zone conference)! At the beginning of the meeting Sister Gilbert made some announcements including one about a 24 hour bug going around......when she made this announcement I think I missed it. During the second session of conference (we had 2 sessions, 2 hours, 1 hour lunch, and then another 2 hours.) I started to feel sick in the stomach, headache, and bad chills. I talked to Sister Gilbert and she had said I caught the bug! This just goes to show that being isolated on an island can have some effects on you, or protects you;) I was pretty miserable on the flight back (which was 3 hours after the conference ended) and then also that night and the next morning. I was all better by the next night.

So pretty miraculous thing happened this week! Saturdays at 5 we have English class. We usually meet up with the sisters an hour before to prepare for it. This past Saturday we were busy setting up for English class when I heard a noise from the hallway. When I went out to look to see what it was, it was some random guy! He came to our church wondering who we were and what we were all about. We then taught him for about 40 minutes a little introduction to the church, gave him a Book of Mormon and some pamphlets and the he left. One thing we talked about was the Sabbath day, he asked us what we believe about it and Elder Yun was able to answer because we discussed it that morning! Let me tell you more about that, Elder Yun and I were discussing it a few days before and we stopped after we couldn’t find out more about why we have the Sabbath on Sunday. Well Saturday morning we were studying and I was looking up something in the bible dictionary and I randomly remembered about how we were talking about the Sabbath. I looked it up and found an answer. I'm sure it was the spirit that reminded me about it because the Lord knew that guy would come today and ask about it........................--------because the conversation was all in Korean and I still don’t understand a lot, Elder Yun told me about his background that he found out. The guy said he is from the mainland and is moving to Jeju sometime soon. He was in Jeju right now looking around for a place to move into (hopefully he moves to somewhere around Jeju city rather than Seogwipo so we can teach him if that time comes anytime soon;) ). But that day, Saturday, he was at a park that is on the opposite side of the street from our church and he was walking on the trail thing that is there. He said as he was walking he saw our church and was interested to find out about it because he never saw our church before. So he grabbed his things and walked over and wandered in, which was when I saw him in the hall. If anything results from this experience I will be sure to tell you how it goes!

Last thing, pday today! I owe it to the Brain for the idea. drumroll please-------------------------------------we went to the Ripley's Museum!!!!!!! It was super awesome, way better than the one we went to in Williamsburg or wherever that was. Apparently there are 32 in the world and it is number 32, aka the newest one. It was pretty big and they had a lot of cool things. I will send 3 pictures again of it. (I only ever send 3 because that’s all that fits in an email and I don’t know how to make them smaller file size)

That's all for this week!


Elder Frampton


No comments:

Post a Comment