Monday, July 22, 2013

7-5-13

Hello Familia!

First I want to impress you with part of the first vision that I have memorized so here it goes (Korean characters did not come through)    wow that took 5 minutes to type......


Let’s see where to start now.

Our lessons with our investigators have been going alright, one of them we do really well with but the other I never do well with. I usually feel pretty discouraged after a bad lesson. I've been trying to be more organized and prepared by scheduling and planning better. Overall I think I’ve gotten more done this week than most others because I planned more.

On Monday I thought it was the 31st of June because my watch said so......I was disappointed to find out that it was July 1, I really was excited though because that means 1 day less that I have to be in the MTC. The MTC is great and all, but after 5 weeks of being in here I get tired of the same old cafeteria food that doesn’t sit well with my stomach as well as not clean bathrooms that I can use....I have to search for a good one. 
  
So the Temple starting July 1, closed so I don’t get to go to the temple anymore. We get 3 more hours of personal time though so I think I will use it to maybe take a nap, or write letters, plan lessons, or study.

So not a lot to say this week but I will tell you about yesterday July 4! It started off as a normal day, except we were early to the first study time we have in the class room rather than our usual lateness or on timeness. So we usually have class twice a day for 3 hours each. We had the first class, but the second one we only had an hour of. We were supposed to teach the investigator according to the schedule, but since we didn’t have time we didn’t do that. We got out 2 hours early to get to the Independence Day "program."

Elder Pickard and I usually avoid the hustle and bustle and craziness of getting into the main building for devotional that are here at the MTC rather than at the Marriott, so we went straight to the overflows that just have a video feed. The program consisted of a few musical numbers, some singing, and like one little talk that really wasn’t a talk. We then got to watch 17 Miracles. It was weird watching a "real" movie. Now here’s the weirder part of the day. usually we are done class 930 and go to our residence and lights out at 1030........yesterday the movie ended at 1015, and then we were allowed to go outside and watch the fireworks that are done for the stadium of fire show. It was hard to see because of all the trees around the MTC but we got a decent view of them. By the time I got to bed it was 11:15! CRAZY!!!!!! It was even worse because on Pday (today) we have to get up at 5:50 to be at our service assignment at 6:05, so I only got 6.5 hours of sleep compared to my usual 7.2! It was worth it because overall it was a good experience and now I can say that I’ve spent the 4th of July in the MTC.

That’s it for this week

Love,

Elder Frampton

No comments:

Post a Comment