Saturday, July 27, 2013

7-26-13

Last email before Korea my family!
Hmm, what to tell you.

This week we finished teaching our investigators. For one of them I didn't think about the little Korean I know and I didn't think about my Korean skills or doubt them, when I went in to teach. I was able to teach most of what I wanted to teach and say a lot of the things I wanted to say. I cannot believe how far I have come and how much the Lord has helped me! 

Class the past week has been crazy. We will learn a new grammar form or something and then just do personal study for like an hour and a half. When we do personal study, whoever is teaching at that time, does exit interviews with each individual. So we have had a lot of study time which is hard to focus during because we are so excited to go to Korea in less than a week.

Yesterday we had in-field orientation that spanned an 8 hour period with a few breaks here and there and then an hour for lunch. So we spent probably 6.5 hours sitting a listening and practicing street contacting and stuff like that. We learned about working with members, planning, goals, and other things. It was pretty interesting. I definitely thought I would fall asleep a lot because it’s a lot of sitting and I’m just so tired, but I only slept for around 15 minutes. I'm so proud of myself. But then we had class afterwards for 3 hours after dinner.....it was so hard because our brains were fried!!!

Let’s see what else.....umm, oh packing today is so much fun....not! there’s so many things I still need to use over the next few days...clothes, books, etc. which means I cannot pack those things yet. So I need to pretty much wait until Sunday night to finish packing everything.

Oh I saw Brian Anderson like 3 times over the past 9 weeks. Cool.

Lately I’ve been trying to memorized doctrine and covenants section 4 in Korean. It’s pretty long and kind of difficult but I have gotten the first 4 verses in like 3 days.

Love,
Elder Frampton



No comments:

Post a Comment