Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8-19-13

Well, interesting week this week!

Where to begin...

Well a really weird thing happened earlier in the week. I was sleeping and I just woke up all of a sudden and about a minute later Elder Yun reaches over and grabs my blanket, pulls it off of me and puts it on him. Weirdest thing ever, I guess he was cold. So on Wednesday day the APs came to Jeju! Elder Mitchell and Elder Kang. They came because they were doing a surprise visit to the SeoGwi Po Elders down south. They were real surprised when we showed up on Thursday morning. Elder Mitchell stayed in Jeju city with us while Elder Kang stayed with them down there all of Thursday. I learned a lot about talking with people on the street from them. 

When we met back up on Friday we went to a really popular noodle restaurant. We waited like 40 minutes!!!! The church is on that street so we always see people waiting outside of it.
So another funny thing that happened was when we went out for proselyting on Tuesday night. We were walking down some side roads where there are always shops and such. And we see this eel thing that had fallen/jumped out of the tank that was there in front of a shop and it was just flopping around all distressed. Then a guy (we think he was the owner of the shop) runs from a truck and picks up the eel and throws it back in the tank. It was super funny! 

Oh so once in a mission opportunity happened Thursday! Elder Mitchell (the AP) was super lucky because on Thursday we had a branch activity down by the picnic area place of the beach! We had to get special permission from mission president, and at first he said no then after thinking about it he said we could go. It was awesome.
I played soccer/volleyball game, which is just volleyball but with a soccer ball and you can only use your feet and head. It was nice to relax there;) We only went because our investigator that has a baptismal date was there. His mother still hasn’t given permission but we think she will this week so we can have the baptism.

So every week we teach 2 English classes. One is the English class that we are supposed to have, and one is a service activity that we do. They are both super fun!
Saturday morning we played badminton and soccer. I'm bad at both. During soccer there were like 3 people playing defense on my team and I was always the only one that was actually defending so it was always like 3 vs me. haha

So Sunday morning I decided to use my bread and eggs to make French toast!!! It was soooooooo good! I missed having French toast, I will make them more often now.

So this guy we met last Sunday, we called him up and invited him to church. He said he would come, but then when we were in church yesterday he called us up and said to meet him just at a shop down the street. He apologized and said he wouldn't be able to come this week because his family like came to town or something and he was going to the beach with them. He said he would come next week. I think he will. He is the closest person we have to being an investigator right now. This week we couldn't get a lot of people to talk to us especially since weren't a lot of men out. I just wish people could know how happy they could be with the gospel. It would make it easier for us because then they would be more willing to talk to us! I just always have to remember that even saving one soul will be worth it, and if I'm doing all this for that one, then it is okay. I know this gospel is the true gospel of Jesus Christ!

That’s it for this week! Keep it real!


Love,
Elder Frampton

No comments:

Post a Comment